[bksvol-discuss] Re: book requests

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:51:24 -0700 (PDT)

That sounds like a series I'd enjoy. I still have the
Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series and the Kurt
Wallender mysteries. There's also a series set in
Africa at the edge of the Kalahari, by Alexander
McCall Smith. The first in the series is The No. 1
Ladies' Detective Agency. It's sort of a quiet
mystery; my library colleagues really liked it, and I
liked getting immersed in the life but I prefermore
action to my mysteries--and yet I don't want them
scary. smile

Cindy