[bksvol-discuss] Re: book quality feedback

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:21:02 -0500

In this case they did not mean not reading the entire book, but meant that
they did not read with speech by hitting down arrow when the synthesizer
finishes reading the current line.  Some how a person's reflexes never get
good enough to make this fast, and it is hard to anticipate the length of
the line so you can hit down arrow without a pause.  Besides, you still
won't know if the line ending is window created or a genuine pain in the
butt return where it doesn't belong. <g>
It's not good for your wrists either.  I feel sorry for sighted people who
must force the scrolling of the screen while reading, but then again, I
don't use the automatic scrolling of the display on my braille note when i
read, because I don't read at a completely consistent speed.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net