[bksvol-discuss] book idea

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:16:45 -0500

Hi all,
Tonight I heard a story on the radio about Naguib Mahfouz, an Egyptian author
who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1988. The article mentioned something
he wrote called "The Cairo Trilogy," which consists of the novels Palace
walk ; Palace of desire ; and Sugar street.
Maybe this is something that should be available on Bookshare? I don't know
anything about these novels or whether I would like them or anything, but this
is the kind of cultural classic that Bookshare sometimes has and which can't
always be obtained from other sources. Would any of the
literature/culture/history buffs like to take this one on?
Just a thought,
Kellie