[bksvol-discuss] book for the Art category

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:38:31 -0400

I was reading

Angels in the Snow by Melody Carlson today, it is a more recent submission
to bookshare and noticed it wasn't part of the Arts and Architecture
category.  smile.  The book is about a artist, a painter, and how she has
lost her creative urge, after the death of her son and her husband.  she
goes to this cabin and slowly learns to paint again, with the help of a
beautiful shepherd/collie mix and a family up the road.  The book ends with
the artist her name is clare giving a show of her "angel paintings" and
giving a little girl Ann, one of them as a Christmas present, and spending
Christmas with her father, who is of course unattached.

But I think it should be put also in the Art and Architecture category,
after all what is art but painting, expression, beind disgusted with ones
work one day and then being inspired with it the next.

Just a suggestion though.  smile, and the Art category is there but doesn't
get a lot of attention.

But I care for it, being an artist myself.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com