[bksvol-discuss] Re: book courier or book port

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 15:40:35 -0500

Pam,
Whether one or the other of those units is better is probably a matter of some
debate, as their feature sets vary a little, and the interface they present
varies as well. You can't listen to either device without headphones
or powered speakers. Theere is no built in speaker on either one. The Courier
is a little cheaper. I don't know if there's a discount for BookShare members
who want to purchase the BookPort as there is with the
Courier.  I have the Courier and have been satisfied with it, although its not
without its quirks.
Mary