[bksvol-discuss] Re: book available for proofing, had to release

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:17:40 -0500

Jamie, I'm thinking there is a possibility that this book had some soft page breaks. Did you, by chance, adjust the paper size in your page setup dialog? I'm assuming you were using Microsoft Word. Word puts in soft page breaks, which are really not there, but they are meant to show you where the page would end if you were to print it on the paper size that you have selected. If you go to file and page setup, select paper size, choose custom size, set that to 8.5 by 22, press okay, and tell it to ignore the margins set outside the printable area, these usually go away. Also, with Window-Eyes, and, I believe Jaws, you will hear the words page break, if you are actually at a page break. If you encounter a soft page break, you will hear something like page 3, and if you were to arrow back up you would hear page 2. You wouldn't hear the word break at all. I hope I didn't explain something you already knew, and that it will be helpful to you in the future.

Melissa Smith

Hi, maybe I used the wrong wording, but when I hear my jaws say page so and so and I hear it say a page number slightly smaller on a different page or in the middle of a page surrounded by blank lines and the pages without a blank line at the top, even though it's not as major as page break issues as you described, still there are issues that someone experienced in page issues and bookshare preferences related to them should fix them. I'm not clear about what the manual says and yes I've read the manual before anybody asks, yes, I did do my homework, LOL!!!! Thanks and have a blessed day. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Valerie Maples" <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>