[bksvol-discuss] Re: book approvals

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:25:43 -0500

    #
I just had two books approved yesterday, but when I went to look for them odd things were happening. First, when one of my submissions goes into the collection I am interested in finding out if people are downloading them. I would be especially interested in finding out, by the way, how many times they have been downloaded too and I remember that once Carrie told us that eventually a feature was coming that would allow us to check on that, but if it ever is going to come it certainly hasn't yet. The most popular downloads list tells us every book that has been downloaded in the last month or other time periods and its default order is from most popular to least popular even if it does not tell us how many times each book has been downloaded. I went to that list and refined it to the last day and changed the sort order to order of addition to the collection. At that time there were 77 such books and I started searching them by pressing my H key. My submissions did not appear on the list. That didn't mean much, though, because it just might be that no one had downloaded either of them. Then I went to the most recently added list. I looked at all the books that had been added in the last day and neither of them was on that list either. That struck me as peculiar. Then this morning it struck me that the two books were in British English and might not have showed up because of that. I went to the advanced search and changed the language parameter to British English and click search for all books in British English and made sure that the order was in order of addition to the collection. My titles still did not show up. Wondering what was going on I then went back to the quick search and entered the title of one of the books and it turned up just fine. So it seems that the volunteer submitted books are showing if you search for them in particular, but are not showing in the recently added lists.
On 1/8/2013 7:53 PM, Sue Stevens wrote:
The books being added all seem to be pq books. I wonder when Bookshare is going to start approving volunteer submissions in the admin queue. Or am I just missing the books added?
Sue S.