[bksvol-discuss] Re: blind people working

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:11:59 -0700

I agree.  I've always answered questions as directly and honestly as I can
on an interview, even the ones they're not supposed to ask.  It's
counterproductive to become belligerent and refuse to answer a question.
Your attitude will work against you, and the interviewer will still not have
their question answered.  They will wonder why you didn't answer, and that
will escalate into reluctance to hire you.  Their fear often is that you
refuse to answer because you can't do that thing.

I've been asked how I dial a telephone, whether I'll use WindowEyes or JAWS
(one of the most informed interviewers I've ever met), how I got to the
interview, whether I'll need assistance traveling between buildings, etc.
These are valid questions in the interviewer's mind, and they won't become
less valid if we refuse to answer them.

I'd rather they know the answer, because then their fears will be eased
somewhat.