[bksvol-discuss] Re: blank pages

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 22:12:06 -0700

You are getting extra pages, while I almost lost all of mine this morning.  I
saved an rtf copy of the kes file I just finished rank spelling on.  I closed
the rtf file, and was apparently back in the kes version, but I found that when
I wanted to check something in the book, it said that the maximum page number
was five.  It didn't lie, because I couldn't go past page five.  The original
book has 556 pages.  I decided to close the file and see what Windows
Properties would say, and when it asked me if I wanted to save the changes to
the file, I said no.  When I opened the file in K1000 again, the file was back
to its original size.  If I had just saved the file without thinking, I would
have lost nearly all the kes version of the book.

I wonder if anyone has ever had that happen.  A little scary.