[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss]writers who use big words

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 19:29:30 -0700 (PDT)

chuckle

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

--- On Sun, 7/5/09, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss]writers who use big words
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, July 5, 2009, 6:03 PM

Well, to be honest, I am not entirely sure of the meanings of all the words in
that list either and so I don't use them either. I guess I could look them up
right now, but I don't feel like it. It occurs to me, though, if I wanted to be
pretentious I could look them up and pretend that I knew them all along,
couldn't I?

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com

                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows

Subj:

[bksvol-discuss] Re: [bksvol-discuss]writers who use big words

7/5/2009 8:29:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time

kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from the Internet

(Details)

table end

Hi, Roger, I admit I've heard the word Recondite, but can't recall using it.
Looks I'm looking this one up (smile). Other words I have heard but don't use

because unsure if I know what I'm talking about: casuistry, rubric, threnody,
dithyramb,weltanschauung (sic), zeitgeist, etc. Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.