[bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss [pq books and page numbers]

  • From: Ali Al-Hajamy <aalhajamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 23:23:44 -0500

I don't know if that's always the case, though. When I am on Goodreads
and I look up the ISBN of the Bookshare edition of whatever book I'm
reading, the number of pages in the book match up, more or less, with
the number of pages listed on Goodreads. Sometimes books have no pages
at all and come in one long file, but most of the time these days, PQ
books have pages with numbers. So the pages are definitely there, but
I think her question refers to the fact that the  Bookshare site
doesn't recognize how many pages are in PQ books, even when they exist
in the book, and appear the same way as in books submitted by
volunteers. It seems as if small changes would need to occur on the
site, and that the publishers have nothing to worry about.