[bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss Digest V8 #205

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 19:51:04 -0400

Glad to hear that your starting out with scanning. We need more scanners, as
the Check Out list is dwindling and we need more scanners to bulk it up.

Evan

    Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 23:24:38 -0600
    Subject: [bksvol-discuss] rename bookshare books?
    From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>

    Hello,

    Can we rename Bookshare books? Will that corrupt the file?

    Thanks

    Charisma

    ------------------------------

    From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: rename bookshare books?
    Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:54:01 -0700

    HI Charisma,

    If you were to rename a book downloaded from Bookshare, unless you're using
    the brf version of a book,  you'll have to rename a bunch of files.  If you
    are unzipping the bunch of daisy files into a folder, it doesn't matter at
    all what you call that folder.  I've never tried renaming the zip file as
    you only use it once to extract the bunch of daisy files from.

    So, which files do you want to rename?  For what purpose?  And if you're
    using the daisy book, you can, as I said, call the folder into which you
    unzip them anything you like.  I don't know how that would work on the
    stream though.  But wait, that should work fine.  I have called the folder
    that I put on the BookSense something different from the name of the book
    and it's fine.

    Hope that helps a little.

    Mayrie

    From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:11:39 -0400

    Hi all,

    You can rename the file.  I do this as a matter of course when proofing
    books for Bookshare.  I download the book, then save the file under a
    different name, usually delete my name out of the name, so I know it's
    the working file.  That way if I screw up the working file, I don't
    screw up the original.

    Ann P.

    --
    Ann K. Parsons
    Portal Tutoring

    "All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost."

    ------------------------------

    From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
    Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:24:55 -0400

    It shouldn't corrupt the files.

    _    _      _

    "Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The
    proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to
    win. Working people of all countries unite!" - Karl Marx

    The Militant:
    http://www.themilitant.com
    Pathfinder Press:
    http://www.pathfinderpress.com
    Granma International:
      http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
    Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:52:44 -0700
    From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>

    I always rename the zip file before I download it. At least I change
    it. I talke my name off
      and remove the underlines. Otherwise it's too long and it drives me
    nots to listen to it. Maybe that's not really considered renaming
    because the actual title is the same.
      At 12:54 AM 7/17/2011, you wrote:
    >HI Charisma,
    >
    >If you were to rename a book downloaded from Bookshare, unless you're using
    >the brf version of a book,  you'll have to rename a bunch of files.  If you
    >are unzipping the bunch of daisy files into a folder, it doesn't matter at
    >all what you call that folder.  I've never tried renaming the zip file as
    >you only use it once to extract the bunch of daisy files from.
    >
    >So, which files do you want to rename?  For what purpose?  And if you're
    >using the daisy book, you can, as I said, call the folder into which you
    >unzip them anything you like.  I don't know how that would work on the
    >stream though.  But wait, that should work fine.  I have called the folder
    >that I put on the BookSense something different from the name of the book
    >and it's fine.
    >
    >Hope that helps a little.
    >
    >Mayrie

line.

    ------------------------------

    Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:54:48 -0400
    Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Who would like to proofread this book?
    From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>

    INTEGRATIVE THERAPIES FOR FIBROMYALGIA, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, AND
    MYOFASCIAL PAIN
    The Mind-Body Connection

    CELESTE COOPER, R.N., AND JEFFREY MILLER, PH.D.

    It has a lot of footnotes which I am working very diligently to make sure
    are all included. There are quite a lot of typos in the book which I am
    marking as I go along (it really irritates me to find drugs misspelled
    especially in a medical book!)

    It's quite a long book--450 pages with the beginning pages. I should be done
    with it Tuesday night.

    The ISBN is 978-1549477323-5 if you need it. I won't be able to keep the
    print copy after I'm done scanning it so I'm working really hard to make
    sure it has as few scanning errors as possible which is why it's taking me
    so long to scan it.

    --
    Jamie in Michigan

    Currently Reading: Sweet Jiminy by Kristin Gore

    End of bksvol-discuss Digest V8 #205