[bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss Digest V8 #205

  • From: "Sandi Ryan" <sjryan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 16:48:12 -0500

Hi Sherry,

I'm new too, and have waited a couple of months.  I'm starting out with
scanning so I can do some work.

Sandi

  Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 23:24:38 -0600
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] rename bookshare books?
  From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>

  Hello,

  Can we rename Bookshare books? Will that corrupt the file?

  Thanks

  Charisma

  ------------------------------

  From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: rename bookshare books?
  Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:54:01 -0700

  HI Charisma,

  If you were to rename a book downloaded from Bookshare, unless you're using
  the brf version of a book,  you'll have to rename a bunch of files.  If you
  are unzipping the bunch of daisy files into a folder, it doesn't matter at
  all what you call that folder.  I've never tried renaming the zip file as
  you only use it once to extract the bunch of daisy files from.

  So, which files do you want to rename?  For what purpose?  And if you're
  using the daisy book, you can, as I said, call the folder into which you
  unzip them anything you like.  I don't know how that would work on the
  stream though.  But wait, that should work fine.  I have called the folder
  that I put on the BookSense something different from the name of the book
  and it's fine.

  Hope that helps a little.

  Mayrie

  From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:11:39 -0400

  Hi all,

  You can rename the file.  I do this as a matter of course when proofing
  books for Bookshare.  I download the book, then save the file under a
  different name, usually delete my name out of the name, so I know it's
  the working file.  That way if I screw up the working file, I don't
  screw up the original.

  Ann P.

  --
  Ann K. Parsons
  Portal Tutoring

  "All that is gold does not glitter,
  Not all those who wander are lost."

  ------------------------------

  From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:24:55 -0400

  It shouldn't corrupt the files.

  _    _      _

  "Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The
  proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to
  win. Working people of all countries unite!" - Karl Marx

  The Militant:
  http://www.themilitant.com
  Pathfinder Press:
  http://www.pathfinderpress.com
  Granma International:
    http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
  Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:52:44 -0700
  From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>

  I always rename the zip file before I download it. At least I change
  it. I talke my name off
    and remove the underlines. Otherwise it's too long and it drives me
  nots to listen to it. Maybe that's not really considered renaming
  because the actual title is the same.
    At 12:54 AM 7/17/2011, you wrote:
  >HI Charisma,
  >
  >If you were to rename a book downloaded from Bookshare, unless you're using
  >the brf version of a book,  you'll have to rename a bunch of files.  If you
  >are unzipping the bunch of daisy files into a folder, it doesn't matter at
  >all what you call that folder.  I've never tried renaming the zip file as
  >you only use it once to extract the bunch of daisy files from.
  >
  >So, which files do you want to rename?  For what purpose?  And if you're
  >using the daisy book, you can, as I said, call the folder into which you
  >unzip them anything you like.  I don't know how that would work on the
  >stream though.  But wait, that should work fine.  I have called the folder
  >that I put on the BookSense something different from the name of the book
  >and it's fine.
  >
  >Hope that helps a little.
  >
  >Mayrie

line.

  ------------------------------

  Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:54:48 -0400
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Who would like to proofread this book?
  From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>

  INTEGRATIVE THERAPIES FOR FIBROMYALGIA, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, AND
  MYOFASCIAL PAIN
  The Mind-Body Connection

  CELESTE COOPER, R.N., AND JEFFREY MILLER, PH.D.

  It has a lot of footnotes which I am working very diligently to make sure
  are all included. There are quite a lot of typos in the book which I am
  marking as I go along (it really irritates me to find drugs misspelled
  especially in a medical book!)

  It's quite a long book--450 pages with the beginning pages. I should be done
  with it Tuesday night.

  The ISBN is 978-1549477323-5 if you need it. I won't be able to keep the
  print copy after I'm done scanning it so I'm working really hard to make
  sure it has as few scanning errors as possible which is why it's taking me
  so long to scan it.

  --
  Jamie in Michigan

  Currently Reading: Sweet Jiminy by Kristin Gore

  End of bksvol-discuss Digest V8 #205