[bksvol-discuss] Re: bksvol-discuss Digest V8 #205

  • From: Tim Syfert <goodproofing2010@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 05:01:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sherry,

I'm fairly new, too. It's been over 3 months at least and I haven't heard
anything on my test book.     Tim

________________________________
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 23:24:38 -0600
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] rename bookshare books?
From: Charisma <wishfulfish@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

Can we
 rename Bookshare books? Will that corrupt the file?

Thanks

Charisma

------------------------------

From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: rename bookshare books?
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:54:01 -0700

HI Charisma,

If you were to rename a book downloaded from Bookshare, unless you're using
the brf version of a book,  you'll have to rename a bunch of files.  If you
are unzipping the bunch of daisy files into a folder, it doesn't matter at
all what you call that folder.  I've never tried renaming the zip file as
you only use it once to extract the bunch of daisy files from.

So, which files do you want to rename?  For what purpose?  And if you're
using the daisy book, you can, as I said, call the folder into which you
unzip them anything
 you like.  I don't know how that would work on the
stream though.  But wait, that should work fine.  I have called the folder
that I put on the BookSense something different from the name of the book
and it's fine.

Hope that helps a little.

Mayrie

From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 11:11:39 -0400

Hi all,

You can rename the file.  I do this as a matter of course when proofing
books for Bookshare.  I download the book, then save the file under a
different name, usually delete my name out of the name, so I know it's
the working file.  That way if I screw up
 the working file, I don't
screw up the original.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network.  Visit

------------------------------

From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:24:55 -0400

It shouldn't corrupt the files.

_     _      _

"Let
 the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The
proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to
win. Working people of all countries unite!" - Karl Marx

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International:
  http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 09:52:44 -0700
From: Denise Thompson <deniset@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: rename
 bookshare books?

I always rename the zip file before I download it. At least I change
it. I talke my name off
  and remove the underlines. Otherwise it's too long and it drives me
nots to listen to it. Maybe that's not really considered renaming
because the actual title is the same.
  At 12:54 AM 7/17/2011, you wrote:
>HI Charisma,
>
>If you were to rename a book downloaded from Bookshare, unless you're using
>the brf version of a book,  you'll have to rename a bunch of files.  If you
>are unzipping the bunch of daisy files into a folder, it doesn't matter at
>all what you call that folder.  I've never tried renaming the zip file as
>you only use it once to extract the bunch of daisy files from.
>
>So, which files do you want to rename?  For what purpose?  And if you're
>using the daisy book, you can, as I said, call the folder into
 which you
>unzip them anything you like.  I don't know how that would work on the
>stream though.  But wait, that should work fine.  I have called the folder
>that I put on the BookSense something different from the name of the book
>and it's fine.
>
>Hope that helps a little.
>
>Mayrie

 rename bookshare books?

>Hello,
>
>Can we rename Bookshare books? Will that corrupt the file?
>
>Thanks
>
>Charisma
>  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a list of
>
>  To unsubscribe from this list send a blank Email to
>bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the subject line.  To get a
>list of available commands, put the word 'help' by itself in the subject
 line.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 21:54:48 -0400
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Who would like to proofread this book?
From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>

INTEGRATIVE THERAPIES FOR FIBROMYALGIA, CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME, AND
MYOFASCIAL PAIN
The Mind-Body Connection

CELESTE COOPER, R.N., AND JEFFREY MILLER, PH.D.

It has a lot of footnotes which I am working very diligently to make sure
are all included. There are quite a lot of typos in the book which I am
marking as I go along (it really irritates me to find drugs misspelled
especially in a medical book!)

It's quite a long book--450 pages with the beginning pages. I should be done
with it Tuesday night.

The ISBN is 978-1549477323-5 if you need it. I won't be able to keep the
print copy after I'm done scanning
 it so I'm working really hard to make
sure it has as few scanning errors as possible which is why it's taking me
so long to scan it.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Sweet Jiminy by Kristin Gore

End of bksvol-discuss Digest V8 #205