[bksvol-discuss] better scans

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:02:34 -0400

List Members,
I am primarily a scanner and not a validater, although I have validated
when I had no books to scan. I do not have the time to read most of the
books I submit. I usually can do four or five books a week and am
constantly trying to find ways to improve my scans. I follow the method
outlined by Guido, removing all the junk characters and garbage possible .
Since Bookshare does not always remove scrambled headers I have begun
cutting them out, leaving the page numbers. While the Kurzweil ratings
usually run well above 99.5%, I am sure some mistakes slip through. If any
validater has any suggestions as how I can improve my submissions, I would
be happy to hear them and try to find a method to    incorporate it into my
system. I certainly appreciate the work everyone on the list is doing and I
firmly believe  that we scanners should submit the best scans we possibly can

Jim.

---