[bksvol-discuss] Re: being scanned list revision & how to search the list

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 01:45:47 -0700

HI Cindy,

    If you paste just the individual parts of the list into Word, you can
then alphabetize and the duplicates will become really easy to find.  But
you have to paste only the list of books being scanned by volunteers into
Word, or it'll try to alphabetize everything in the file.  I tried it with
one of your lists and it worked pretty well.

Mayrie

  _____

From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
the list
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, August 3, 2009, 5:04 AM

Hi all,

I haven't really participated in this thread, but I am going to toss in my
$.02. Cindy works very hard to put this list together, and keep it updated.
I think that we should think carefully before making this any harder for
her. Cindy, you do a great job, and we all appreciate your work. I would
say, just do this in the way that's easiest for you.
Best,
Donna

  _____

From: Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
the list
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 4:21 AM

Hi Cindy.
If you could separate the fields (author, title, scannor, and proofer) with
tabs instead of spaces then those who wanted to use a spreadsheet could
easily convert the file. Also, it would be fairly easy to sort the various
fields such as title thus making it easier to look for duplicates, or for
people trying to see what they are down for scanning.

I don't know how much trouble that would be but if it could be done I think
it would make for a neat tool.

Just a suggestion.
Bob

From: Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: A proofreading problem to watch out for.
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 11:06 PM

HI Cindy,

    The more I think about the size of your list, I see how much space it
would save not having blank lines between entries.  I respectfully withdraw
my request for blank lines between entries.  They look nice, but they do
take up space, and are not necessary if every title/author/scanner is on a
line together and only one book per line.

Mayrie

  _____

From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2009, 5:52 PM

Well, if it comes to learning how to do something then I suppose I do a
better job of learning it by doing it myself, but that doesn't mean that a
better job is a good job. That's a hell of a position to be in, knowing all
kinds of things, but not being able to do a damned thing.

                                                          "If you tremble
with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine." Che
Guevara

             The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
<http://wwww.themilitant.com> Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com <http://wwwpathfinderpress.com>
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: A proofreading problem to watch out for.
Date:
8/1/2009 8:41:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I am just the opposite. Chem and bio labs were great for me. Lecture was a
nightmare. I have to do it to learn it. I can't just listen and learn or
read
and learn (probably why I can't figure out how to replace the darned thing
in Open Office).
--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Blood is the Sky by Steve Hamilton <br>

(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=Julyst
epsfooterNO115)