[bksvol-discuss] Re: beautiful information

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 12:45:43 -0400

There probably is going to be graphical stuff since that is the gist of the book. However, he talks about things of particular interest to disabled people who need to make presentations, it seems to me such as making text relate to the graphics and avoiding relying on flashy graphical presentations. Many disabled folks need to make presentations even if we cannot see the charts we create. Knowing how to create such presentations may be of particular value to us.

E.
At 10:39 AM 8/20/2006, you wrote:

So you are a Weekend Edition listener as well? I heard that interview, and was very impressed with the guy. It does sound like a great book, but I will bet that there is going to be a lot of graphical stuff in it. The guy's name is Edward Tufte. I would post a link for people to listen to the story, but the audio isn't up yet.