[bksvol-discuss] Re: author request

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 04:33:26 -0700

Hi, Courtney, I haven't done much with regard to proofreading historical
fiction, though I suppose historical mystery stories might count. The
book I'm doing now is the second book I've read by Hilda Lewis and she
is a good writer. The thoughts of the characters are according to the
time period and the world view as it might be. No anachronisms pop up
and she has the flavor of the dialog exactly right. And of course the
nomenclature is correct. How I wish those writing historical romances
would get this right, particularly nomenclature, dialog, foods, etc. The
historical mystery series I've been proofreading is Cora Harrison's
Burren mysteries which take place in 16th century Ireland with a female
brehon (judge) as sleuth and protagonist. If you'd like to email me off
list, I'd love to correspond with you. We could talk shop or not, as you
like. Regards and happy proofreading, Kim.