[bksvol-discuss] appeal for the fopydo book-reader kickstart

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Kurzweil National Federation of the Blind Reader user list'" <reader-users@xxxxxxxxxx>, <k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <viphone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 16:52:01 -0500

Many of us have I devices and knfb reader or some other OCR package and
would like a stand as a platform for our phones to shoot from.

I posted earlier concerning the Fopydo book-reading attachment for use with
the Fopydo stand and I wanted to mention it again here. The developer has
initiated a kickstart project for the purpose of bringing into production a
book-reading stand he has developed. He has reached 29 backers and $1480.
He needs $4000 by October 8 or the stand won't come out.
The book-reading attachment might not come out at all if the man doesn't get
his $4,000. That to me is reason enough to contribute.

He is just a working stiff like we were who took a lot of this on himself.
He needs the money to make the first production run. He has been willing to

put out a version of his stand for us and I think he deserves our support.
I hope he gets it but I'm becoming a little pecimistic that he'll get it.

I think if blind people want something from him, we should be willing to
give back

something in return. You know, only $25 from a hundred of "us would put him
almost over the top.

Here is the info Mr. Wardega posted below

I designed and manufactured Fopydo Scanning Stand for the Blind and Visually
Impaired. I am contacting you because you showed interest in the Fopydo
Scanning

Stand and I have just launched a kickstarter campaign for the Book Reading
Aid that is compatible with the stand. I am asking for your support to gauge

if there is interest in manufacturing of this product. Your support will
also be a great help with preparations for a production run since my own
resources

are limited. If you know others who may be interested in this project -
please let them know.

If you are new to the Kickstarter concept, the Rewards section of the web
page lists various pledges that you can make to support the goal of
manufacturing

this product and making it widely available.

Here is the link to the kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/384725316/book-reading-aid

Thank you!

Tomek Wardega