[bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophes where there should be quotes?

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:14:44 -0700

Cindy, Kurzweil calls them apostrophe and I wouldn't consider changing them nor do I believe Bookshare would want us to. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Grandma Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2007 5:40 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophes where there should be quotes?

Is it a British book? They use single quotes instead
of double quotes and vice versa, i.e.,  double for a
quote within a quote. I don't know whether it would
say apostrophe or single quote. They
look alike to me, and I don't know if they are called
something different.

Cindy

--- Lori <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm validating and it appears that the quotes have
scanned as apostrophes or
maybe single quotes. So, while reading using the
screenreader it is saying
apostrophe at the beginning and end of each
quotation. Any suggestions on
how to address this?

L...