[bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophes as nothing

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 12:32:50 EST

Insert an apostrophe in a place where it should be and see if your screen
reader reads it and if the find command finds it. If it does then I suppose
the apostrophes did not scan for whatever reason and you may have to add all
of them.

                          "I have no country to fight for; my country is
the earth, and I am a citizen of the world." Eugene V. Debs

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] apostrophes as nothing
Date:
11/3/2009 9:53:52 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
lori@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi,

I'm proofing a text that the apostrophes are not being pronounced when I
arrow to them and when reading if the word is man's it says man s. I
performed a find for an apostrophe and none are showing up. Maybe it is a
single quote, but wouldn't the screen reader announce a quote?

Any ideas?

Lori