[bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophes and single quotes in openbook

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:15:44 -0500

Really strange!  I also do not have open book, but I wondered if the
apostrophes disappear if you convert to a file type other than rtf.  Usually
more than one conversion is a bad thing, but it really isn't that acceptable
for the apostrophes to disappear, so maybe converting twice would be better
in this case.  Of course it probably won't work either, and it would then be
necessary to guess every word that might be messed up and find and fix them
individually, which would be a lot of work.
I also think you should write to tech support about that problem.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity