[bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophes and single quotes in openbook

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:17:35 -0500

Hi, Cindy! Yes, it is very confusing. <Smile> The single quote and apostrophe do look different in Braille, and they're treated differently with synthetic speech. Some may differ with me on this point, but I don't think it's as important to get the single quotes right as it is the apostrophes. However, since that probably makes for even more confusion, it might be easier to put those single quote symbols in when they're needed. <LOL> Take care!

Jana