[bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophes and single quotes in openbook

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:11:46 -0700 (PDT)

Sarah, now I',m confused. On my keyboard the single
quote and the apostrophe are the same, ro should I
say, I use the same key for both. On the top of the
key (i.e., shift + the key) is the double quote;
underneath is the single quote or apostrophe. Have I
been doing it wrong? Is there something on my keyboard
I don't see?

 I just went to the symbols section of my Insert file
in Word, and I see there are keystroke combinations I
could use for opening and closing single quotes. I
just  compared them with the symbol that's underneath
the double-quote and they look  (to sighted me)
exactly the same. However, if it seems different in
Braille or sounds different if you're using voice,
I'll use the keystroke combinations for single-quotes.
The need doesn't arise that often so it's no problem.

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com