[bksvol-discuss] Re: apostrophe instead quote

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, john!

Is this a British book?  If so, no, they remain. That is how they are used in
the UK.  However, if you find mismatches that are not within another quote, the
answer is most likely yes.  A book I am working on often has beginning of
paragraph open quotes often mis-scanned as a single quote, so those get changed.

If uncertain, if there is a peek on Amazon or Google Books, someone might be
able to check for you...

Valerie

___

char-39 instead of quotes char-34.