[bksvol-discuss] any suggestions? a dream to follow

  • From: Caitlyn and Nicky <lavendar@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 19:18:23 -0500

Hi,

Last Friday, January 29th, I checked in A Dream to Follow by Laurain Snelling after proofreading it. I haven't gotten any notices about it, and I haven't seen it get into the collection yet. Just wondering if I need to fix anything further, or what.. Or if things are just backed up or extra busy lately.. I haven't had time to do any proof reading for a long time, but I don't remember it taking a week for Carrie to approve books before, although I know things are stricter now, but if I needed to fix it up more, I'd have expected to get a notice saying so..

Thanks,
Caitlyn

On 06/02/2010 12:28 AM, Denise Thompson wrote:
I have a Lidoscan 200 that works quite well. That's the same family. However, I would say if folks are looking at some point for a new scanner. I purchased an Ebson GT workforce 1500 a couple of months ago and love it. It's very fast. No warm up time and one pass scanning. It was more than I wanted to pay, around $300 or so as I recall, but after doing a lot of research and reading reviews I settled on that one. Like I said, it's very fast- maybe 3 seconds per page. Christina and I from the list were talking about batch scanning a few days ago and I tried it. I put 5 seconds between scanns to give myself time to turn the page and I can hardly keep up the scan is so fast. The bed of the scanner is just large enough to do two-page scanning with a hard cover book. With my cannon it wasn't quite large enough for hard cover books. I had to do single pages.
Denise

Denise

At 06:17 PM 2/4/2010, you wrote:
OK, that's definitely the model called the CanoScan LiDE 70, which is right in between the two my husband owns. It has pretty good reviews on Amazon, and if it's anything like our two, it'll be loud but durable. It draws all its power through the USB cable, which I like.

He uses it with Omnisoft or with Paint Shop Pro, rather than using the arcsoft software that comes with it. Did you get the CD with the software and drivers, too? If not, you can download the drivers for this scanner, including the TWAIN stuff, at canon. Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/y96xpt3 . On that page (it should be already on the tab that's called "Drivers & Downloads") you just need to use the drop down box to select which operating system you have, and then you can download the drivers.

It has a nice grayscale mode that my husband uses at 600 dpi. What I actually know about scanning and OCRing though, and how well this would do compared do other scanners, can be written on the head of a pin (and still leave room on the pinhead for thousands of angels to dance!) grin.

Judy s.

Amber Wallenstein wrote:
It says:
WIA CanoScan LiDE 70
Does this help?
Amber
Book blog:
I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I give
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4836 (20100204) __________
http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com/>