[bksvol-discuss] Re: any requests?

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:38:42 -0800

Ooh. If you see any of Mary Renault's books, please grab them. There's one or two in the collection already, but none of her main series that most people know her by. I know one of these books is called The Persian Boy, but not sure about others. They're supposed to be excellent books.

Shayla

At 12:13 PM 1/13/2005, you wrote:
This week has been/will be extremely warm out, (like 60 degrees), which is quite rare for this time of year in New Jersey. My dog and I will be taking advantage of this spell and taking a little hike to the library today or tomorrow, so if anyone has any requests send them my way. I know Cindy prefers not to scan and Sue S mentioned not having a scanner, so have added the two books that they recently requested, as well as the one missing pages that Liz is attempting to validate.
If you want to send requests off-list that is fine too.
Tiff
<mailto:tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.