[bksvol-discuss] Re: answers about the lists

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:57:05 -0400

Hi Sue:

Basically after a person rejects a book the hope is that this person emails Rui and tells him. He then puts the title of the book on the list. The reason for keeping such a list is in hopes that someone will rescan the book. Sometimes people post on the list asking for ideas of books to scan.
When they do we should encourage them to scan one of the titles on either the rescan list or the reject list (A. K. A. The No book left Behind list).

Also if someone sees a title on either of these list that they'd like to read nothing prevents them from asking here on the list if someone is willing to scan it. I think you did that with one of the books you had to reject. *smile*

As far as I know Gustavo and Rui have never conversed about the reject list.
Hope this answers your questions.
If not ask some more and I will try to answer it for you. *smile*

Also I'd like to remind people that the rescan list has moved to Jake's site. Now you can add titles to it yourself. the link is
http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/rescan.asp

I have hopes that the reject list will also move to Jake's site as well. And again you will be able to add titles to that yourself. No more emailing a middle person. *grin*

***
Grace

For scanning and validating  tips
check out