[bksvol-discuss] another who does what question about staff

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:40:22 -0500

Who on staff reads this list on a day to day basis? Is Pavi as the volunteer co-ordinator required to do so as part of her position?

Getting feedback from somebody on staff may be more useful than making assumptions. Without the feedback, we have to fall back on ourselves and make assumptions. Fortunately, we volunteers are a resiliant lot. We have operated without much input from staff during our long time without a co-ordinator.

Elizabeth

At 03:33 PM 11/8/2008, you wrote:
Hi Monica,

        Well, I guess you're probably right.  I kind of assumed, probably
mistakenly, that problems are problems.  And I'm sure, since staff did want
to have problems reported directly to them having to do with publisher
quality books, we should probably do that.  I assumed, probably incorrectly,
that since the new feature for reporting problems with books on the form
connected to each book information page arrived after the instructions about
P.Q. books, that it sort of outmoded the earlier instructions about
reporting problems about publisher quality books directly to staff.  Sorry
if I've misguided anyone.  Maybe use both reporting processes?  Maybe ignore
my suggestion?  Sorry for sparking confusion.  I hate when I do that!

Mayrie