[bksvol-discuss] Re: another typo sortof

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:17:17 -0600

I have as a result of this discussion in part, and also because I've been
trying to improve the accuracy at the onset of scanning rather than the need
for after  the fact fixing, have actually been trying to look as I go for
the scan error of the number 1 for the personal pronoun I.

As Cindy said, the global replace could be harmful,
Only way I figured to do it has been working and not really taking me that
awfully long.

I do a Find command for  space 1 space and each time that it is found I
replace it with the uppercase I when appropriate.  I just do it every 5 or
so pages.

This book I'm scanning, Telegraph Days, the new Larry McMurtry novel, has it
happending pretty frequently, although thankfully not all of the I prounouns
are coming up as number 1 which strikes me funny.

Some books do this error on me, and others do not. It must be related to the
type of font they use.

Doing a spell check at the end would work, but I thought this might be good.
First time for me to try it.

Thanks.
Rik