[bksvol-discuss] Re: another question about the Last Days of the Incas

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:50:23 -0700 (PDT)

Usually, at least in books I've validated, e.g., The
Complete Verse of Rudyard Kipling and helping Lissi
with some footnotes in the Tolkien, those words in the
text have asterisks or footnote numbers, and the
explanations are at the bottom of the page. It seems
as if that's the situation here, so, as Shelley said,
put two or three line spaces between the last line of
the text and the definitions, and put each of the
definitions on a separate line. You can put them in a
smaller font, too, if you want, because they're
probably in a smaller font in the print book.

The problem is that the asterisk or footnote number or
whatever probably didn't scan. I've found that to be
the case in books I've validated--the footnote numbers
are so small that often they don't scan. If you can
and are willing, you can put them in yourself. Or I
think--was someone going to get the book to help you?
I  can, if you want, but I thought someone else was
going to.

Cindy