[bksvol-discuss] "and" in author names

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:43:41 -0700

Hello all. Following up on the problem with short synopsis, I have another complaint. Please do not put "and" in author names. If there are multiple authors, please separate them with commas. Thanks. I know Jesse will back me up on this since it specifically says this in the validation instructions. It makes it hard to find authors otherwise. Recently, with _Glorious Appearing_, the author, singular, was listed as Tim Lahaye and Jerry Jenkins. They should have been listed separately as two different people. Yes, I will fix that when I get it validated.

One final note. Please proofread the titles of books. I know most of you do that, but with one Star Trek book, it was listed as "startrek: a time to die." Yes, all lower case and two words ran together. If a book belongs to a certain series, please put the series in the title since bookshare will not allow searching by synopsis at this time. Thanks. I am sorry for ranting, but I am also worried about the quality. These two problems are right after one book being submitted a bunch of times with different authors, thus clogging up the validation page.