[bksvol-discuss] agressive dogs

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:59:30 -0800 (PST)

I don't think I've ever seen a small guide  dog, like
a  beagle. DO they have to be a certain size?

I ask because I was wondering about the size of the
dog at the convention that you talk about, Shelley. My
daughter's beagle mix has a Napoleonic complex, I
think. She barks and lunges and tries to get at bigger
dogs--but not those of equal size or smaller dogs.
Dori and Mark got her from a pound, so they didn't
train her from puppyhood, though they did think she
was younger than it turns out she was. And they have
tried to change the behavior--but it's as if she's
trying to assert herself, either because of her size
or because she's female and a feminist? smile

Cindy

--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>