[bksvol-discuss] adult rateing and page numbers

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:35:56 -0400

Dear Friends,

The book I'm going to upload was written with an adult audience in mind, but isn't really graphic in describing sex. The f word is used often though not outlandishly. It's a different world and second graders probably notice it far less than I do. How do I decide if it should have an adult rating?

In the memoir, the narriator is age 8 through 12 in about half of the book and a teenager in the rest. Most of the sixties occur in the 1960's and recall the boy's efforts at learning to play guitar, forming a rock and roll band, beginning to feel critical of his father and coping with first dates. So, some teens might be interested in it.

I'd also like to know if it helps a book to have page numbers at the tops of pages instead of at the bottoms. In the scan I have they appear at the top, but in the print book they are at the bottom.

Is placing a blank line above and below each page number the accepted way to protect it so it will appear in BRF files?

Thanks to anyone who thinks about helping or posts advice.

Always with love,

Lissi