[bksvol-discuss] Re: adult content

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:26:31 -0400

My understanding is it is relative.  We were proposing once before on here
that we be allowed to describe in the long synopsis something about
Descriptions of violence, or language or sex.  But... they vetoed it.  The
reason that the Adult content is there is because of minors visiting the
site.  My motto, is if you deem it really needs it, then go ahead and mark
it as such.  Just also remember that if someone who didn't want adult
content checks into the site, that book won't appear in their list, it will
be as if it doesn't exist to them.

I wonder how NLS rates theirs?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.