[bksvol-discuss] adult content

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 10:38:51 -0400

This is more-or-less a humorous comment on the content checker that Bookshare runs the books through when they are being uploaded for acceptance.
I just uploaded a user guide for a wireless access point to Bookshare, and when the content checker was done it reported 2 words that were
profanity or violent or sexual words.
Now yes I realize 2 words aren't many, but the computer hardware manual was only about 28 pages, and I can't imagine what words it picked out. Maybe they were something like Microsoft, so I guess I can see the checker's point there .
In any event, I recognize that the content checker was probably put together by a computer programmer or 2, so my recommendation is that perhaps they should get out more.

Dave