[bksvol-discuss] Re: admin queue & validations

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:38:29 -0400

If this is some kind of idea to put pressure on Gustavo I suggest that we just continue uploading as we finish validating as usual. I just do not think Gustavo will respond well to this kind of pressure nor is it the way I want the "share" in "bookshare" to work. This is a personal opinion from a user as much as from a volunteer validator. I know you mean well, Cindy, but in this case I disagree with the strategy.

E.

At 08:34 PM 8/28/2006, you wrote:
I think this was suggested before, but I'll suggest it
again. Suppose we continue scanning and validating as
usual but hold off approving and uploading our
validations for a couple of weeks to give Gustavo a
chance to tackle some of the books on the admin queue.
Except that people who will need the credits for
membership soon can upload theirs.

Not one of the books added to the collection so far
today have come from the admin queue, and only two, I
think, from the list of books in the process of being
validated, and a few from the list of books awaiting
validation as of Aug. 4. Which means that the ones
approved have been recently validated and uploaded.

We're all working at such a wonderful pace that
Gustavo, being only one person, can't keep up. smile