[bksvol-discuss] addendum to my post on daisy

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 06:24:24 -0500

Hi Cindy,  A couple of things I thought of that might be of interest but not
directly related to bookshare production.

Daisy books are presented in bundles of files placed usually into a folder
titled with the book title.  This is not usually important to the user because
he/she merely opens the book as per the instructions for his/her software or
machine.  Also, I didn't address Braille and I saw that Braille was your
concern.  As far as I know, there is no grade II support directly in daisy.  A
braille user would depend on his daisy reader or screen reader to give Braille
support.  For example, FS Reader from freedom scientific which is bundled with
jaws or magic is run with jaws being the means of input/output and, of course,
jaws supports Braille.  Hope this helps.