[bksvol-discuss] Re: about braille

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:57:08 -0700 (PDT)

I know this is off-topic, but I can't resist.  My daughter has the most
common form of synesthesia, where all letters and digits are different
colors.  She once commented to me that of course the microwave was named
Zachary, because z's were shiny black to her and the microwave was shiny
black, so there we are.  It was very obvious to her, but I, in my
ignorance, was unaware that the microwave even had a name, let alone that
it was Zachary.  Sounds very similar to your experiences.  There are
people who study synesthesia, and there's a book on it too.  Maybe I
should donate my book on synesthesia to Bookshare?  Anyone else interested
in this?

Carrie

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/