[bksvol-discuss] Re: about braille

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:33:13 -0500

Sharon,  I suspect you will not find studying with the BookPort terribly
natural, at least in the beginning.  Our neuro-pathways are not cast in
stone,  but are dynamic.  Yet it takes time to change them,  and in some
cases they no longer change at all.  It's one of those cases where the
answer is. . . it depends!

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Sharon" <sharon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/17/2004 04:02 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: about braille

That's fascinating about braille and print reading being similar
neurologically. I do know that when I'm cramming for finals, I absolutely
must have my notes in braille, even if I read the book auditorily. Now
that
I have bookport, it will be interesting to see if the ability to read word
by word and sentence by sentence will change that, but I doubt it. Sharon