[bksvol-discuss] Re: a synopsis suggestion

  • From: Shayla <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:32:33 -0700

Yes, I realize that. I was talking about users, not vallidators. As a vallidator, I read most things I download, but sometimes I skim, checking only text quality and to see everything is there. You can't summarize well when you do that. I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying--I meant Bookshare users who just download a book to read being able to suggest a synopsis.

At 05:20 PM 10/2/2004 -0700, you wrote:

Shayla,

My understanding is that  as a validator you can write
synopses in the synopses spaces before uploading. If
after reading and validating the book you think the
scanner didn't put a valid or complete synopsis you
can delete his/hers and write your own. If the
synopsis space is blank you can write one.

To check to see if this is true, maybe you could
download A Woman Betrayed. If there are short and long
synopses there, they are the ones I as validator
wrote, because the scanner only wrote, in the short
synopsis field, "A romance by a known writer" (or
something like that) and nothing in the long synopsis
field.

Cindy