[bksvol-discuss] a synopsis suggestion

  • From: Shayla <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 00:56:51 -0700

I haven't read the entirety of the synopsis thread, so apologies if this has been suggested before.

Would it be possible to set up a specific bookshare.org email address to which readers could send in synopses? That is, say a reader downloads a book that has no synopsis, or a very generic one. The user reads the book, and can then synopsize the book much better. Do the admins have the ability to change a synopsis once a book is on site?

I can see something like this getting really out of hand with people changing synopses all over the place, but perhaps if there were general rules--you can only suggest a summary if there is none or it gives almost no information, etc. A system of this sort has worked before for online, nonpublished fiction archives I've seen, though they were mostly on a much smaller scale.

Doable? Not?
Shayla

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind;
Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave.
I know. But I do not approve.
And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.