[bksvol-discuss] a series of children's books now in the collection

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 15:36:28 -0700

I probably should send this to the other email list but as I never use it I
seem to no longer have the address; but maybe the book share staff could
post in the newsletter or on a blog;

  Apparently the Geronimo and Thea stilton series of books (at least the
Geronimo ones) have been added to the collection by the publisher. I looked
because someone mentioned she was a fantasy fan and these are sort of
fantasty but not adult fantasy  -- but my 8-year-old-granddaughter (and I
think also her 5-year-old brother, but he isn't reading well yet) has
discovered the series which she said was very popular with her classmates;
Geronimo and Thea Stilton are mice who have all kinds of adventures all
around the world (a good way of learning about other cultures and history)
-- and, I gather from looking on B&N also, especially in the Geronimo
series, books that are more in the fantasy genre than historical fiction;
Assuming some of you are parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles I
though I'd let you know smile