[bksvol-discuss] Re: a search quirk

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:54:27 -0600

Hi everyone!

Just to see if there was any change between the time that Jamie first said she didn't find any Joan Collins books and when I tried, our results are the same.

I decided to try searching for Joan Collins' books by title, so I went to Amazon.com and did a search on Joan Collins so that I would have her book titles to search for on Bookshare. Every search title did not find anything by Joan Collins. Either I got other authors or no results in the advanced searches.

Just for the heck of it, since I think Joan and Jackie are sisters, I did a search for Jackie Collins and came up with eleven results that were all Jackie's. It's incredible that there are apparently no Joan Collins books on Bookshare.

Debby

At 06:31 PM 1/4/2011, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote
If you go into advanced search and put joan collins into the author box and do a search, you don't get Joan Collins at all.

You get John J. Collins and <http://www.bookshare.org/browse/author?key=Millicent%20Collinsworth>Millicent Collinsworth <http://www.bookshare.org/browse/author?key=Jan%20Winebrenner>Jan Winebrenner

I did it several times to make sure I wasn't typing wrong or something. That's all I get. No Joan Collins and I know darned well there are Joan Collins books in the collection.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Cross Your Heart and Hope to Die by Nancy Martin
Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: <http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497>http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html

--
                                                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>