[bksvol-discuss] Re: a quick mailing question

  • From: "Nancy Hill" <girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:36:59 -0400

Can I send books to the bookshare office "free matter for the blind"?
they are heavy text books that might cost a lot to send otherwise.
Thanks.
Amber

My recollection of the special law is that a blind person may send
material to another blind person.  I have no idea if there any weight
constraints or not.

If I was going to send something to the bookshare address, I think I
would  first list the name of a blind recipient at the bookshare addie.

Nancy Hill
c/o Bookshare
111 Any Street
City, State 12345

That way if the parcel was checked, there would indeed be a blind sender
and recipient.

Will someone please explain the letter of the Blind Matter law?

Thanks,
Nancy