[bksvol-discuss] Re: a quick chapters question

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 10:03:46 -0500

Dear Grace,Bookshare Volunteer Friends, and Monitors,

I haven't been putting a page number above chapter names unless the page numbers are already at the tops of all of the pages in the book.

I know that when page numbers are at the top, except for pages where new chapters where the publisher has placed them at the bottom, we're encouraged to move them to the top making them consistent, all at the top.

But, If all the page numbers are at the bottoms of pages, should we put a page number on a page which starts with a chapter name, or even a single chapter number with no word like chapter at the top as well, meaning there'd be the same page number at the top and bottom of that page. In other words where numbering is at the bottom, page numbers would appear twice on pages with chapter numbers at the top, like page 134 at the top and 134
again at the bottom.

If I just move the page number to the top of those chapter headed pages, then the numbering would be inconsistent as all page numbers wouldn't be at the bottom any more.

I hope my question makes sense. I'm not arguing about where to place page numbers. I just want to get it right so I'm trying to clarify. I have two books on the verge of being uploaded and both have page numbers at the bottoms of the pages, so once I have an answer to this question, I may need to do some number tweaking before uploading.

Always with love,

Lissi

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamie Yates" <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>