[bksvol-discuss] Re: a quick chapters question

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 10:54:55 -0500

Hi:

If the page numbers are at the bottom throughout the book, then leave them as they are. I usually put the title of the book before the chapter title .

Below is the tip that I wrote for Jake's site.

In order to protect chapter titles, and other section headings such as prologue, epilogue, interlude, part, etc. from being removed by the stripping tool,
I found that the following works:
1. If page numbers are at the top of the page, add the proper sequential page number and leave a blank line between the number and the title you want to protect. If there already is a page number at the bottom of the page move it to the top. 2. In cases where all page numbers are at the bottom of the page, add the title or author to the top of the page, followed by a blank line so that that
page matches the format of the other pages.

***
Grace

For scanning and validating  tips
check out