[bksvol-discuss] Re: a question on the last days of dogtown

  • From: "patti" <plcdoula@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 19:48:29 -0400

Hi Amber:  I don't have it anymore.  I decided not to finish the book.  I'm
sorry I can't help you further.  You may want to download it again, and check
it out.  Perhaps I'm wrong; perhaps I am doing something wrong in the download
process or in the unpacking/translating, etc.  One thing that happened
repeatedly was that the author's name, or book title would come in the middle
of a word or sentence.  Sentence, not a problem, as that can happen anywhere,
but I did put some words together.  Like I say, since I haven't read a lot of
bookshare books, and this one was the first that I validated, my judgments may
be too high.  I find that if I'm listening to a book, as opposed to reading it
in braille, I don't see as many things like this.  You wouldn't necessarily
catch braille errors, because speech is more forgiving, if that makes any
sense.  Still interested in your thoughts; and if you feel I'm wrong in this, I
understand; and you're free to revalidate it.  I definitely won't be upset.  I
know you worked hard on the book.  Patti