[bksvol-discuss] a question about text book scanning

  • From: "candice" <candicat87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:33:28 -0500

Hi, I've been a volentier for a bit, but kind of a quiet one since the
embarricement of scanning in some of the Acorna's children's books by Anne
McCafrey. I had a question though, soon I'll be getting the list of text books
I'll need this semester. Can someone give me some thoughts about scanning text
books with OCR for bookshare, should I not do it that way? I will be scanning
them for myself, and figured that being nice and sharing wouldn't hurt as long
as it's decent quality.