[bksvol-discuss] Re: a quandry

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:39:58 -0700 (PDT)

What Gustavo told me about adult content was if the book belongs in the erotica
section of a bookstore, (meaning if it contains REALLY explicit descriptions of
sex), then label it adult content. Or if there are graphic scenes of torture
and/or rape, it should be adult content.  There are a few books that I've
labeled adult, that didn't contain any of the above.  One was about true-life
cannibalism, and another one (which actually didn't have much sex in it) was
Hustling: The Gentlemanly Art of Homosexual Prostitution.

  It sounds like your book shouldn't be adult content, just because there are a
few f-words.

  My 2 cents, Carrie

Shane Christenson <drummershane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi listers. I'm about to submit a book for validation, but I have a
delemma. Although the book contains no sexual explicitness, There are
some small hints of occasional profanity, including the use of f*ck
once or twice in the book. Should I still check the box for adult
content? Thanks.

Shane

and lay it on us.